Your basket is empty!
Click on this link to start shopping!
A Message of Solidarity from our CEO
To our Weleda community,
Throughout our history we have consciously cultivated an environment of intentional respect – for nature, for the socially sustainable and collaborative relationships with our fair-trade partners and for the way in which we interact with one another every day. And yet – as we’ve been listening to the important conversations currently happening all around us – we’re learning that we still have work to do.
Reflecting the values of dependability, social awareness, responsibility, healing and truth on which Weleda was founded in 1921, we stand in solidarity with the fight against oppression and racism. Black lives matter.
And it’s time for us to get to work. In fact, earlier this week we started development of an official ‘Weleda Diversity Plan’ – a comprehensive approach to implementing change and designed to ensure that we are actively accomplishing our objectives with inclusivity, diversity and best practices at heart. As a part of the Weleda Diversity Plan, we will:
- Audit the relationships we currently have with partners and platforms alike to ensure the people, brands and retailers we align ourselves with are truly reflective of our core values and guiding principles
- Amplify the voices and experiences of the Black Community as well as that of Indigenous People and all People of Color to better reflect and communicate diversity on our growing platforms, among our influencer collaborations and brand partnerships with a purposeful intention towards playing an active role in changing the face of what has historically been an overarchingly white beauty industry
- Actively drive and shift our organization of 37 employees (68% of whom identify as Female and 32% of whom identify as Male) to more accurately reflect the diversity of this country – currently the self-reported data reveals:
- 5% identify as Black
- 5% identify as Asian
- 5% identify as Hispanic/Latinx
- 3% identify as two or more races
- 70% identify as White
- 12% do not wish to share how they identify – a right which we respect
- 50% of our executive team identify as Female
- 100% of our executive team identify as White
- Acknowledge the financial needs of the non-profit allies doing the work every day through a donation program effective immediately whereby 50% of the profits from our best-selling Skin Food collection sold on weleda.com through June 30 will be donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Black Health Alliance
As we continue the work, we look forward to sharing updates with you here. If you have thoughts or ideas of your own that you’d like to share with us, please do so by emailing email@example.com with the subject line: Weleda Diversity Plan. As always – we’d love to hear from you.
~ Rob Keen, CEO Weleda North America